Below are frequently asked questions that may help answer some questions you may have. Please contact us if you your question is not listed, or if you have further questions. Click on any of the following headings to take you to a particular question.
- What type of bookkeeping do we do?
- How does virtual bookkeeping services work?
- How do I get my documents to you?
- When is the work performed? On a schedule?
- What if I need services outside the scope of schedule?
- How much does it cost?
- Are taxes included in the bookkeeping?
- What accounting software do we work with?
- What if I don’t use QuickBooks?
- What apps/platforms do we work with?
- When can I expect my financial reports every month?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- When are my payments due?
- I only need help with Payables and Receivables, I do my own reconciliations, does that work for you?
- Do you do any training?
- Do I have to fill out your get-a-quote form?
- What are we the best at?
- Do you give quotes over the phone?
- What type of security do we have in place?
What type of bookkeeping do we do?
- After the fact bookkeeping – Typically once a month services that are performed after the prior month has ended. This is also common if you haven’t done your bookkeeping in a while and need some clean up. You handle the day-to-day operations of your business. We work behind the scenes on the books recording the activity that has occurred on a schedule of your choosing. We reconcile, review and provide financial reports. Prices start at $300 per month for a basic set of books. The frequency of services and level of activity increases the base price.
- Full charge bookkeeping – Typically performed on a more frequent basis like once a week or daily. VBS handles the day-to-day bookkeeping operations your business. We work for you or with you, front and center, running payroll, managing AR/AP, paying bills on a schedule of your choosing. We reconcile, review and provide financial reports. Prices start at $750 per month. The frequency of services and level of activity increases the base price.
How does virtual bookkeeping services work?
We perform the bookkeeping one of three ways: 1) QuickBooks Online 2) Cloud hosted platform or third party login like Logmein to use QuickBooks Desktop or Enterprise or 3) Locally on our computer and send you back the file when complete.
Depending on the schedule that you choose for the books to be updated, we can perform the bookkeeping services daily, weekly, twice monthly, monthly, quarterly, and annually. Whenever our scheduled time occurs, the day before is the deadline to turn in documents that relate to the bookkeeping; bills, checks written, etc. During this update day, we will also perform any other tasks that may be due to process; online banking activity, payroll, paying bills, and reconciliations. We have many clients that don’t provide any documents, we can access the banking and credit card accounts online. This allows the bookkeeper to grab statements, look up check images, deposit details and be able to fill in a lot of the missing details without having to ask the client for all the information. If you don’t feel comfortable with that, we will rely on you to provide all the information. You should also check with your bank, many these days allow for view only access where we are assigned our own login.
How do I get my documents to you?
Dropbox is our preferred, we also use, Odrive, Google Drive, OneDrive, email, snail mail. We can conform to any process that makes our clients’ life easier.
When is the work performed? On a schedule?
Yes, on a schedule to be determined. Daily, weekly, twice a month, monthly, quarterly and annually. We can customize to any schedule that you need.
What if I need services outside the scope of schedule?
Our hourly rate may apply depending on the situation.
How much does it cost?
Our base minimum rate starts at $300 per month. The frequency of the services performed, the level of activity and the complexity of the account increases the base price. Clean up jobs may be quoted at an hourly rate. Our online quote form has a section that gives more pricing. Have two companies? We give discounts for multiple entities.
Are taxes included in the bookkeeping?
We do not do taxes or give tax advice. We do compile and process 1099’s every January. Collect W9s from your vendors and turn them into us during the year.
What accounting software do we work with?
We work with QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise and QuickBooks Online. We do not work with QuickBooks Self-Employed, QuickBooks for Mac or any other accounting platform that is not QuickBooks.
What if I don’t use QuickBooks?
Chances are we will not be able to do your books. Convert to QBO, everyone is doing it. 🙂
What apps/platforms do we work with?
Tsheets, Bill.com, Expensify, Paypal Sync, Aero Workflow, Minute 7, GotoMeeting, Jing, Dropbox, Google Drive, Odrive, OneDrive. We can conform to any platform.
When can I expect my financial reports every month?
Our goal date is the 15th of each month for the prior month closing. Situations that can delay this process are open items, documents and questions that are waiting to be received in order to finish up. If you don’t need reports, you can indicate so in the questionnaire.
What forms of payment do you accept?
ACH, Credit Card, Snail Mail Check. Note that credit cards may carry a convenience fee. Prices quoted are cash prices.
When are my payments due?
If you are a monthly recurring client, payment is due on the 1st of every month. If you have a special clean up project, a retainer is due to begin work and is generally charged on an hourly basis.
I only need help with Payables and Receivables, I do my own reconciliations, does that work for you?
We are a bookkeeping firm that specializes in bookkeeping which includes reconciliations. We prefer to own the whole process.
Do you do any training?
We don’t do any training at this time, however we do have many clients that we guide them on proper processes.
Do I have to fill out your get-a-quote form?
We get a few of these. The short answer is YES! The long answer is that we need to gather info about your company and needs in order to accurately quote. The level of activity and the services needed differ on every client. This form asks all the right questions and we keep the information on file to refer to later.
What are we the best at?
Bookkeeping. If you are looking for a cheap data entry person or AP or AR person, we are probably not a good fit.
Do you give quotes over the phone?
We do not give quotes over the phone. To quote accurately, we need questions answered about your needs that cannot be done over the phone at this time. Please fill out our get-a-quote form. If you have questions in the meantime, please email or text us.
What type of security do we have in place?
We understand how important it is to have trust in the company that you hire to manage your private financial information. We carry Errors & Omissions insurance and full coverage General Liability including data breach coverage. The privacy of our customers is the utmost importance to us and we won’t share your information with third parties. Any data that we come in contact with will be held in the strictest confidence.
- All employees have been vetted and background checks performed.
- Your company data is accessed by your assigned bookkeeper and reviewer/manager only.
- All company records are kept under lock and key in a secure server encrypted using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
- All passwords used are strong and unique and we utilize two-step verification whenever possible.
- If our agreement ends, we will return all files to you, and/or destroy them.
- For accounting files, we use secure third party hosting platforms such as QuickBooks Online or Right Networks.